03 Apr Grocery Sales Executive | £20,000 Per Annum Plus 10% Bonus
The Job’s Mission:
To maximize product availability & Rate of Sale through influencing in-store consumer mechanics and championing brand & BSD space performance whilst building and maintaining relationships at store level, within a given geographical area. Delivering ROI to Britvic and Reach whilst demonstrating passion for both companies.
Pride, Passion & Pride, Performance, Partnership, Pragmatism, Progressive, Expertise & Ownership
DRIVE FOR RESULTS (Drive)
· To take ownership of territory KPI’s and strives to exceed these targets.
· To educate store contacts on the benefits of following national plans, enhancing availability & delivering additional displays for the benefits of the end consumer while improving sales within the store.
· Executes the period brief accurately and with pace.
· Completes all recording accurately with insightful feedback on reasons for non-compliance
· Build a strong working relationship with store contacts to ensure ‘best in class’ execution of Britvic plans across the region.
· To complete the 6 steps of the call in every call, demonstrating planning, preparation and evaluation of each call completed.
o Has a passion for winning and delivering KPI achievement above target levels
o Proactively works to Britvic’s 6 steps to success and Reach operational standards
o Delivers work on time and to the appropriate quality
o Confidence and skills to develop and manage relationships across all levels within your territory and team.
CUSTOMER & CLIENT FOCUS (Passion)
· Works to hit coverage/KPI’s through prioritised time and activity management.
· Share and effectively communicate team ‘best practice’ amongst the regional team
· Building effective relationships with customers on territory and leveraging these to achieve KPI targets.
o Lives the ‘one team’ message within team and ensures that they follow that message at all times
o Can confidently communicate in a positive, proactive and focused approach to required levels of the client business.
o Observant in trade and communicates relevant observations effectively
TEAMWORK (Team & Coach)
· Proactively contributes to team, sharing best practice with colleagues to drive team agenda.
· To work with the Britvic CDM team (where applicable) to execute agreed regional activity.
· Attends team meetings and conferences when required
· Assists with the induction of new team members, when required.
o Strong communication skills, demonstrating patience and flexibility
o Communicates openly and honestly in a team environment
o Able to constructively communicate challenges and receive feedback
o Shares successes and feeds back into ASM to drive team productivity
CHALLENGE, CREATIVITY & CHANGE (Vision/Inspire)
· Uses initiative to exceed KPI’s without compromising the communication into their line manager.
· Constructively feeds back to ASM around areas for improvement within the team / territory.
· Captures, understands and uses insights of competitors or the marketplace and shares with the wider audience.
· Helps stores to understand the wider opportunities to deliver store level plans (where applicable)
· Conduct mutual growth agreement plans with store manager
o Places fresh emphasis on innovation, finding ways to do things better
o Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude both up, down and sideways in the field team structure
o Has the ability to convince others to work in a different manner, especially colleagues
o Reacts positively and enthusiastically to change
o Take ownership of performance, reviewing the way they work to better themselves and their results
· Standard ASE KPI targets (Subject to change as per current KPI’s)
o Additional Displays
o Promotional Compliance
· Deliver 8 steps of the call
Feeds back market and competitor information into the team
Job Data Sheet
Education & Training
Degree level or equivalent – Desirable
IT Literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Essential
Full valid current driving license – Essential
Sales training – Desirable
Relevant experience in FMCG – Desirable
Relevant experience in face to face or B2B selling – Desirable
Working knowledge of in store influences – Desirable
Excellent interpersonal skills – Essential