09 Feb Personal Shopper – £19,000 – £19,500 per annum
As a Heathrow Personal Shopper you will be expected to deliver an exceptional service for all our passengers, actively promote Heathrow as a retail destination, be an ambassador for the Heathrow Personal Shopping Service while maintaining the highest standards of Customer Service delivery and care. You will be working across all terminals.
The passengers/shoppers will be multinational, so an appreciation of different cultures is essential. Heathrow lease concessions to a number of key retailers at each terminal. These retailers participate in promotions that you will need to bring to life for the travelling public.
- Offer the highest level of customer service with genuine passion and enthusiasm for the brands and products available at Heathrow
- Act as a role model to all other sales consultants operating within the airport, your individual style, brand and product knowledge, styling expertise and passenger relationship management.
- Meet the set sales targets and KPI’s, driving the success of the Personal Shopper Team
- Fulfil pre booked appointments with a variety of clients – tailoring the service to their individual needs and style
- Build a strong client base with frequent flyers and proactively drive sales through this channel ,creating a client book
- Approach passengers within the Terminal to introduce the Personal Shopper Service and encourage sales
- Escort and provide product / brand and styling advice to VIP clients from the VIP Suites and Personal Shopper Lounge
- Build strong and trusting relationships with the retailers across all airport terminals and with the other members of the Personal Shopper team
- Maintain your knowledge and understanding of the products and brands that are available within the Heathrow retailers
- Build strong relationships with the personnel and protocol officers from the VIP Suites, encouraging the use of the Personal Shopping Service
- Complete shift reports and administration requirements on time and accurately
- Represent Heathrow and Reach professionally at PR events
- To ensure all administration and paperwork is completed accurately, neatly and promptly in line with procedures, and posted/emailed to arrive by the day/date agreed.
- To observe, and report on all activity. Suggest improvements, new ideas, better ways of working etc.
- To monitor own performance against KPI’s( Key Performance Indicators) on a daily basis and update the Team Leader regularly (each week) on your performance and plans to improve
A critical part of your role is to assist all passengers with their enquiries in a polite and professional way. Queries could include:
- Directions for transfer passengers to other terminals
- Directions to Airline desks or lounges
- Directions to toilets, shops and restaurants
- Directions to Gates for boarding
- Directions to information desks
- Product information or availability from retailer
- Other services offered by Heathrow, including; Shop & Collect, Reserve & Collect, Shopping
- Promise or Heathrow Rewards
- Persuasive – enjoy selling, comfortable using negotiation, likes to change other peoples view
- Outgoing – Lively and animated in groups, talkative, enjoys attention
- Socially confident – Feels comfortable when first meeting people, at ease in formal situations
- Innovative – Generates new ideas, enjoys being creative, thinks of original solutions
- Achieving – Looks for achievement of all targets
- Competitive – Taking part is as important as winning
- Conscientious – Focuses on getting things done, follows rules and regulations
- Motivation – the ability to motivate staff on the same shift
KPI’s – individual Targets
- Average sales per shift
- Category sales: online booking, VIP sales, Repeat clients, PS lounge sales
- Reporting: hourly , high sales, category sales
- Building your Client Book
- Uniform Standards
Achievement of the KPI’s will result in your bonus payment (up to 10%) and will be key in your review/appraisal meetings.