15 May Software Tester | Competitive salary
About the Role
We are looking for talented software testers that get excited about technology, love learning new skills and wants to work for a company where building great software is a primary focus for the business.
This is an opportunity to work for a progressive forward thinking company where the products that the Development team build are essential to the success of the company. You will be working on new and interesting projects and gain exposure to the latest technologies, whilst at the same time having some fun and working with a great bunch of people. If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere where there is a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, this could be the job for you.
You will be working as a tester in one of our small, self-organising, cross functional teams in a place that knows the application of agile means far more than just putting the word Scrum in the title of meetings. We are serious about the application of Scrum and if you come and work for us you will gain exposure to working in a mature agile environment.
Maintaining a team centric philosophy is fundamental to our success with scrum so everyone is encouraged to take responsibility; we share in success when things are going well and everyone owns the problems when they are not. Each team handles all aspects of delivery for the project they are working on; going from initial requirements all the way through to working, shippable software, as such aside from performing the core tasks associated with your role you will also be expected and encouraged to contribute to all aspects of the process and contribute to any area that will help the team succeed. We like specialists but we prefer people that specialise in more than one area and we like to encourage people to step out of their comfort zone.
We know that everyone has different strengths and ambitions and that individuals bring different contributions to the team. We want you to be able to play to your strengths, and be interested in what you do. If love software testing and want to stay focused on technology we aren’t going to insist that you climb the management ladder to advance your career, we want people to be happy in what they are doing and reward people for the contribution they make not the title they hold. On the other hand if your future ambitions lie in management or elsewhere we will see how we can help with those too.
You won’t find a stuffy inflexible corporate environment or approach, we like to be more relaxed and have fun while we work, however we are very serious about delivering quality products and doing things well. We encourage continuous improvement and our teams are empowered to change the way we do things to ensure we always employ the most effective approach possible.
Skills & Requirements
• 4+ years of commercial experience in a similar capacity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
• A proven background in manual testing.
• Experience planning test efforts and writing test scripts to support manual and automated testing
• Ability to perform initial diagnosis of issues and provide developers with a good foundation with which to perform more detailed investigations.
• Understands how to effectively apply testing effort in an Agile development environment
• Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
• Comfortable working closely with Developers, business and other QA analysts in a highly collaborative environment.
• Enthusiastic about expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well.
• Solid interest and enthusiasm in relation to gaining exposure to test automation.
• More senior candidates (7+ years’ experience) should demonstrate leadership potential and expertise with multiple testing methods, strategies and tools and be able to tick a large quantity of the nice to have boxes below.
Nice to have
We will be really interested in your application if you can tick some or all of these boxes too.
• Experience of working as a member of an agile team and familiar with agile planning and estimation techniques. A good understanding of the fundamental rationale for employing an agile approach
• Experience testing multi-tier web based applications
• Experience of creating test frameworks and strategy, choosing automated testing tools and creating testing standards.
• Experience of test automation tools specifically SpecFlow and Selenium web driver in a .Net environment and Appium or similar for native mobile application testing.
• Building JMeter scripts to drive load and performance testing in conjunction with cloud based services such as Blazemeter, Flood IO or similar.
• Able to test for presence of well-known security flaws. Is familiar with OWASP top ten and assessing compliance.
• Ability to write simple code to test applications (e.g. exercising rest web services)
• Awareness of basic OO programming (Classes, Methods etc.) or potentially some experience writing unit tests in C#
• Knowledge of SQL server or similar RDBMS and exposure to interrogating databases with SQL
• Technical expertise particularly experience in setting up and configuring environments for testing. Including but not limited to Installing and configuring operating systems (Linux / Windows), web servers (primarily IIS) and other server software products.
• Familiarity with automated deployment processes ideally with TFS/Team City and Octopus Deploy
• Experience of working with TFS, Jira or similar for backlog and task management and Test Rails for test case management.
Founded in 1975, Reach Holdings is an expert outsourced international shopper marketing and contract sales agency. The business originated as a tactical services provider and has evolved into a dynamic, software led provider of contracted sales to a strong base of long standing customers including Nestlé, Google, British American Tobacco, RB, Dyson, Heineken and Heathrow Airport. Our client portfolio shows our breadth of sector, channel and geographic knowledge and the heritage of many long standing partnerships.
Our role is to grow sales for our clients by influencing shoppers at every stage of their shopping journey. We do this through taking big data sources from across the globe and turning these into relevant and actionable insights for each of our client’s geographies, markets, retailers and categories. Our comprehensive range of data-led and creative services, combined with highly talented people and intelligent sales force automation tools ensures we both forecast our client’s future opportunity and optimise the current.